Links

Monday, October 24, 2011

Boobie Trapped!

So today is Bebe A's 2 week birthday... Happy birthday to us!

It is here that I can tell you how happy I am... we both are... I smile during the middle of the night whilst I change a stinky nappy but one thing that doesn't have me smiling is Breast Feeding... the blisters are not funny...

If I compare the pain of the C-Section to my sore boobies - I take the pain of them slicing me any day...
Yet I preserver - I have questioned my madness at continuing this practice - well I cant stop now (we just spent a lot of money on an expressing machine and I need to get my use from it).

I can tell you that nursing Bebe A has taken over my life and I don't mean the 2 to 3 hour feeds. I look at babies, toddlers, children, teenagers and adults and ask out loud were you breast fed? did your mother struggle or was it easy? Or the mommies out there; was breast feeding easy? did you have booby pain? 

Some of us - not me - are lucky to "nip the crying, hungry baby in the bud" others (queue me) have to feel the pain as the baby settles in for a feed.

Thank goodness for Facebook - this keeps me going in the wee wee hours of the morning...

So for now my next challenge is having to Breast feed my baby in public, with a cover of course, but how does one do this in a ladylike manner I ask you? How do I do this without feeling like a tit!

3 comments:

  1. U not a lady... just whip them tits out, luv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breastfeeding in public is always tough cos it almost feels like u are frowned upon even if u do cover up. Think they need to make more breastfeeding areas. U do get used to it tho just practice at home.
    As for breastfeeding, the pain subsides I promise. There is no pain like it ever but it is worth it in the long run. The experience is like none other and u will look back at this time and be grateful that u perservered. Don't give up, just give them boobies some time to adjust :) the next bit of pain is when the teeth arrive heheh. Enjoy it and well done!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah my friend, reading your post looks like a page out of my diary.....
    I promise you its the best decision you can make to keep persevering. I wish people actually tell you the reality of it before it happens, like its some sort of secret cosmic joke that only mothers are privy to!
    After my own serious round of blisters, bleeding, infection and eventually Thrush (wait for the pain of that- knives I tell you) we eventually got us sorted out..... But I don't think I could have done it without my la leche league leader....she helped me latch properly, and it was like going from day into night.
    My advise is, if ur still struggling after these 2 weeks....get some professional help, a lactation consultant, or even just get hold of your local clinic, or local la leche league leader, its free there....or call me man, got heaps of advise (as all new mums think they do)

    Anyway, proud of you for persevering with it. You are doing the right thing.

    Ps. My BB and internet and social networking also kept me sane at 2am, then 4am, and again at 6am.....lol
    I don't know what mums did before this....

    ReplyDelete