Links

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mama is tu-tu crazy!

This year has started off with a bang, a tutu and some tears…

Ms K started a new school, with so many emotions to work through, (and there were A LOT of emotions!) apprehension of fitting in, wearing the right clothes, making friends and impressing the teacher and that was just I.

Ms K fights with me every morning and yes, I do know that I need to be firmer and impose some discipline but why is it that after years of au pairing and babysitting, she reduces me to a screaming fishwife with food particles and mucous flying around. I am reduced to a quivering ball of mommy insecurity.

Problem resolved- we pick our outfit, however bazaar, the night before – I do so wish she would let me take pictures so you would be able to see the weirdly wonderful outfits thrown together. In fact, please share your pictures as it makes me secure, knowing that my future “ fashionista” will have” fashion forward friends” (that ) with whom she can move around in a pack. When I thought she did not have it in for me – she told her Dad,” Let’s take a selfie” (she is 3 years old – how does she know what a selfie is) then she says,” Don’t tell mommy”. A new game- that continues with my mom-vibe feelings of insecurity.


I do think Ms K loves the sound of my voice, as she likes me repeating myself. Somehow I find that the angrier and louder I am, I manage to befuddle words resulting in a misconstrued sentence that comes out something like ‘I told you to stop picking up and kissing your sisters panties on the floor’!

No comments:

Post a Comment