Links

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Preparing for Hospital

Today I am packing for the hospital. I have a certain quality of OCD that I am still trying to deal with. I am even trying to arrange how sore I will feel coming out of anesthetic (broken down to a-nest-HECTIC) this sense of control is slightly weird, I know.
I have tried googling... so you are going into hospital what next (to be said in Hollywood trailer voice)... alas to my dismay even my trusted wiki has let me down, sometimes the Internet is of no help...pft ok maybe I am a lot weird...

I have just sent an email of contact numbers and Kenzie's schedule. Now to pack Kenzie's bag and my hospital bag.Kevin is staying with his parents for two weeks. I need to thank my parents and my in-laws I am truly lucky.

Practical things need to be addressed but I have filed that under the silly section.  We tried having a discussion of "what ifs" but that too was pushed to one side. Who wants to talk about the negative especially when you are 33 years old. In the wise of words of Salt and Pepper. Yeh aha - don't be negative, negative just be positive positive...

I, of course have played the sick card and ordered way too many books on my kindle and am pretending this will be more like a getaway spa catching up on much needed sleep.

Yesterday I experienced a sense of calm today the butterflies have returned with a force more like a colony of bats.

I am overwhelmed with all the messages of support that I have received and almost feel like a fraud.. I would just like to say Thank-you and you shall hear from me sooner than later.





No comments:

Post a Comment